Saturday, May 17, 2008

Commencement!

So last Saturday was our big formal Commencement Dance. I had been in Oklahoma the whole week before, and just didn't even plan on going cause I figured I would not be asked. So I was just cleaning my room, and planning to go brand cows that afternoon. However, at approximately 11:30 a.m. my cell phone rang, it was my friend Rhett, and the conversation went something like this:

Rhett: Laura Clark! How are you?
Laura: I'm just great Rhett! How are you?
Rhett: I'm pretty good. So what are you doing today?
Laura: Umm... nothing much just working.
Rhett: And what are you doing tonight.
Laura: Probably nothing.
Rhett: Oh, and do you have a formal?
Laura: Why yes, I do...
Rhett: Then do you want to go to the dance tonight!?!
Laura: Sure!!!

And from there on, he told me that he wasn't planning to go to the dance, then all of the sudden he decided he did want to, and we worked out the details. It was pretty funny! What you may also want to know, is that Rhett is the hired help on the farm. I said that I had to work during the day, but so did he. In fact, we were branding cows. So our day date I suppose you could say went something like this:
It was pretty much awesome! So after that, obviously I showered and got the stink off me, then I went into Idaho Falls to help set up decorations for the Rigby High School Commencement. Then I rushed home to have my sisters do my hair, and get ready for Madison High School Commencement. (That's our rival school! hee hee!) I was ready just barely in time for him to pick me up (and we were both running a bit late!) We basically looked awesome.


My dress was pulled out of the back of my closet- something I got about 3 years ago I think... Thanks to my sisters my hair looked fabulous!!! His Tux is a mixture of tuxes of his fathers, brother-in-law's and his choir shirt from a few years ago. (The bow tie and little waist thing is his fathers, probably from a high school dance also! Nice and Pink, huh! ha ha!) And Rhett's sister made the Corsage... AMAZING!!!

So, for dinner Rhett's sister made us a lovely dinner, with candles and all that jazz! It was amazing! Then we went and got pictures, and finally arrived at the dance where we met up with some friends, and danced the night away!!! :) It was one of the most fun dates I think I've been on! Just because it was so random, and we laughed all night. Thanks for the great fun Rhett!!! I can't believe that they threw the whole thing together on such short notice!!!(Thanks mostly to Rhett's awesome sister, Natalie!) And that was my random date to the Commencement Dance my senior year- a great way to finish up high school in my opinion!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Glad that you had such a fun time!! You better watch out for those "Millers" they will get the best of you!!(especially when you are working on the farm with him all day long!!)

Janet said...

What a fun day. I'm glad you got to go. You look absolutely beautiful.

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

You look beautiful!!! I am so glad you got to go! Oh... Rhett's looking pretty good and tan too. Even if the tie is pink. Hee hee.