Monday, October 6, 2008

University of Idaho Ag Days 2008

This past weekend was extremely busy!!! It seems like every thing always accumulates a hits at the same time... and I've had 2 months of non-stop go! That just must be the college lifestyle...

Anyways, this weekend was Vandal Preview- for high school seniors to check out campus (I work in New Student Services, which was hosting that event... life was busy at work!!!) It was also Dad's weekend (Daddy and Momma, and Rachel came clear up to Moscow to see me!!! It was so fun!!!) and last, but not at all least- the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences was hosting its annual Ag Days for middle school to high school students. So of course, as and Idaho FFA State Officer, I had the privilege of helping out!

On Friday out State Officer Team put on a communications workshop! It was so fun interacting with the students. Then, later that night was the Night at the Rec. Many of the students got to stay the night at the rec. Of course who actually sleeps much when there are activities going? We got to hang out with students, and of course bond as a team... Stephen being the only guy often feels the team love... ha!We were able to observe and join into a lot, including: volleyball, dodge ball, basketball, movies, and my favorite... ROCK CLIMBING!!!! Our officer team could not resist but to climb the largest rock wall at any college campus nation wide!!!We basically had a really great time! We were doing this about midnight... who doesn't have fun rock climbing at midnight!?! ha ha! So basically we were up till about 3:00 a.m. Just to turn around and be up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready for our early day with more Ag Days Events at 7:00 a.m.

Overall, it was a very eventful weekend! And very enjoyable! I almost felt like I was living a double life. Check out my mom's blog for the other Laura's weekend... ha ha! But for now, I'd just like to say that we have decided the State Officers need some more adventures... perhaps the next adventure for the State Officers will be skydiving.... Oh I do hope so! ha ha!

2 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Ahhh. The Busy Life of the College Co-ed. Sounds like you are doing great! Hope you find time to come home so we get to see you. We could use a little Laura Sunshine in Menan. It was Cloudy and we had snow flurries here today. :-(

¤Kirsten¤ said...

Laura ann. I am so jealous its looks like you are having so much fun in college!! I am not having so much fun here but I should be out of here by mid november and off to arizona for my advanced training. Any who you look beautiful and happy. I miss you tell everyone hi for me kk?
Luvs