Thursday, April 16, 2009

LIFE DOES GO ON AFTER FFA!

So I had heard from many people that there is life after FFA. I didn't believe it.... I was also told that state office wasnt' everything, that it wouldn't even be one of the greatest things I did. I also didn't believe that... well I still don't really... BUT I have found out that life REALLY DOES GO ON! Now our state conference was just last week, but lets just say I was preparing for having so much extra time after conference was over ahead of time. I knew I would need something to keep me busy. SOOOOOOO... I ran for a spot on our student government's senate here at the University of Idaho.
My friend, Stephen Parrott, and I decided to run our campaigns together. (Yes he is also one of my state officer teammates) Another one of our friends (also a former FFA member) who loves photography volunteered to take pictures and put together these little things for us that were displayed on Facebook. I think they are kind of cool. (even though Stephen and I feel we weren't the most photogenic that day...)

Anyways, we didn't campaign very hard because we were getting ready for our state conference and doing all that FFA stuff, but we still put forth a small amount of effort. We hanged two banners, talked to people, made a Facebook group, and told our friends to say good things. For the most part, we relied on word of mouth.
The results were announced last night. I did receive a seat on the Associated Students of the University of Idaho Senate. Stephen, however, did not. It's okay though. He is currently in a board position as the Director of Community Relations, and is perfectly fine with keeping that job a bit longer! Also, Samantha Perez, my good friend from high school (and FFA buddy), won a seat on senate!
Long story short, there is a life after FFA. I was Madame Reporter for Idaho FFA, now I'm Senator Clark for ASUI. I think that is something I can deal with.... :D
(Please note though, most everyone I mentioned was also involved in FFA. So even though we've outgrown the jacket, we'll never outgrow the experiences we had and people we met.)

2 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Congratulations! You are one busy girl! All of these experiences are adding up to be one amazing woman! Good luck in the senate!

PerryParty3 said...

Congratulations! I can't believe how ambitious and busy you are! By the way....have you met my brother? :)